Installation and Configuration
The assumption is that PHP is already installed and configured on the machine where the ADO .NET Data Services toolkit is installed.
The toolkit does not have any dependency on the host OS so it can run on Windows, Linux or Mac OSX machines.
- Create a folder named 'adodotnetservicesphp' eg: C:\PHPLib\adodotnetservicesphp
- Copy the following files to the folder created above.
- Common (contains Dictionary.php, Guid.php and Utility.php)
- Context (contains EntityStates.php, ObjectContext.php, QueryProcessor.php, RelatedEnd.php, ResourceBox.php and SaveResult.php)
- Credential (contains Credentail.php)
- Interfaces (contains Entity.php and Object.php)
- Parser (contains Parser.php, AtomParser.php and JSONParser.php)
- Resource (contains Messages.php)
- WebUtil (contains HttpBatchRequest.php, HttpBatchResponse.php, HttpRequest.php , HttpResponse.php and MicrosoftHttpResponse.php)
- Add the path to the folder created in step 1 to the 'include_path' directive in php.ini. e.g.
include_path = ".;C:\PHPLib\adodotnetservicesphp"
- Create a variable called 'adodotnetservicesphp_path' in the php.ini file and set it to the path where the PHP Toolkit was installed (step 1). Open php.ini and search for 'Paths and Directories' section. Just below the definition of 'include_path'
directive, add the following two lines:
;PHP Toolkit for ADO .NET Data Services Library Path
adodotnetservicesphp_path = "C:\PHPLib\adodotnetservicesphp"
- On linux platform, make sure you have the php-xml module installed. This can be installed using yum as follows,
yum install php-xml
- Enable php_xsl.dll in php.ini. Search for 'extension=php_xsl.dll' in the php.ini file and remove the semicolon (;) in front.
- Enable php_curl.dll in php.ini. Search for 'extension=php_curl.dll' in the php.ini file and remove the semicolon (;) in front.
- Optional: The content of the PHPApplications directory can be deployed on a web server to provide access to the sample applications from a single web page. The PHPApplications directory contains some php files, template and CSS files that are used to build
the Sample Web Page. All Samples must be configured before they can be ran from the Web Page. Refer to the readme files in the ADODotNETDataServiceEditor, SimpleApplications and GameStoreApplication directories.